Wordplay is Charlottesville’s own live game show. It’s a team-based competition for people who love words, vocabulary, pop culture, history, literature, and showing off how smart they are. It’s also a fundraiser for Literacy Volunteers of Charlottesville/ Albemarle. The game is open to everyone who wants to participate on a team of three. While it is geared for adults, teens should do fine.
Wordplay will be April 27, 2016 and tickets are available now (buy early and buy often)!
Wordplay Raffle 2016
This year’s raffle is our biggest yet. Thanks to the following organizations for donating to the raffle. Tickets are $5 each or 5 for 20, so be sure to bring some cash to Wordplay!
- Crutchfield Sony KDL 40” Smart 1080p LED HDTV
- Crutchfield Nikon Coolpix 13.2 megapixel waterproof/shockproof camera
- Crutchfield Nyne Mini Portable Bluetooth speaker
- Keswick Hall and Golf Club: Round of golf for 4 with carts on Pete Dye’s new golf course, Full Cry.
- Boar’s Head Inn: overnight stay and Sunday brunch for two
- Skydive Orange County: 13,500 foot tandem skydive
- Harriet & Vee: Necklace and matching earrings
- Dinner at Bizou and a show at The Paramount for two
- Foods of All Nations: $100 Gift Basket
- The Spice Diva: two cooking classes, subject to availability
You can also see the quick video our friends at earless rabbit made in 2012.
Wordplay is the opposite of most fundraisers, as every single person in the room is participating the entire time. The teams are competing, but everyone in the audience is playing along, too. Each audience member has their own answer sheets just like the teams. Trust us when we tell you that the vibe in the room is fantastic. The game is fun, entertaining, and challenging. It makes for a great live show that’s really amusing to attend.